Saturday, September 15, 2018

Boss Lady

Hello there! It has been over two years since I last posted here. I started a photography business in the late summer 2015 and last year it really took off. Now, that I have balancing being a mom, business owner, and still working on decorating our dream home - I know I have so much more to offer.


I have a lot to say about the last two years - so I'll start it all off with the thing I've put most my energy into - my photography business - specifically my photography studio. In Spring 2017, I decided to move my in-home studio into a commercial space of my town's historic district. This was the best decision I made for my business to date! It definitely created a scary overhead for my business that I never had before, however it opened up many ways to improve my business and more importantly my work. Having a space to call my own makes me feel proud, accomplished, and gives me opportunity to create a studio that I envision.

My studio has a tiny door that faces a heavy traffic road through my town, however my sign is so small you have be looking for it to see it from the street. I had to go through a lot of permits to get into this tiny space, and got the largest sign made that my city would allow. This tiny door leads into a stairway that takes you up to my studio. Yep, second floor - right above a dog groomer. At least I have my own private entrance, and for the most part it's very quiet in my space.


As pretty much everything in life, my studio is a work in progress. I've had it for about a year and half - and it's slowly evolved into my photography oasis.



I'm excited to get back into the swing of posting. Please comment if are still with me, and what you'd like me update you on next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips