Saturday, April 9, 2016

diy botanical art

I saw these fabulous botanical prints on a antique shopping run a few weeks back.

I loved the idea of them... but I didn't care for the linen look on paper. I'd want the print on real linen. It gave me the idea to make my own!

I actually had this striped fabric from pillow tie cover I made a few weeks ago. So I grabbed some white cotton fabric {a fat quarter would do}, and a $17 frame from Home Goods.

I took to google to find a botanical image I liked 
and found several great ones at The Old Design Shop for FREE!
I chose this one... 

... however, I did alter the original in photoshop 
by removing the wording at the bottom, so I had just the flowering.

I taped my white cotton fabric down on a piece of card stock and cut off any extra fabric sticking over the edges. I was little nervous about it getting jammed, but it came out the first print!

Then I just frayed all the edges by pulling threads from each side.

I think it came out beautiful. 
The black was definitely muted, but it makes it look vintage, so no complaints here ;)

Here's the finished product...

... and hung in it's final destination, our main floor powder bath.

I haven't shown this room yet, so it's time ;)


  1. Jennifer - Your botanical print is lovely. I have enjoyed following your blog and I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check the post here:
    Happy Monday!

    1. Awwww! Thank you so much! I will follow up with the nomination real soon ;)


Blogging tips