Tuesday, May 31, 2016

avon review {first purchase ever}

I made my first ever Avon purchase back in March. A catalog ended up on my driveway, and where normally I just pitch these type of advertisements.... this time I actually decided to glance through it. Well, you know what - I found some stuff I wouldn't mind having!



I've been using these Avon products since I received them late March, and my review of these products are completely my own.

So what caught my eye on the Avon catalog that caused me to decide to flip through it?
...these floral flats!!


I adore them! AND they are soooo comfortable. Plus, these pretty puppies were only $25!

So after I eyed those had to have flats I decided to give some of their skincare products a chance. I normally purchase my skincare at Sephora... I usually select whatever the representative sales me on. So yes, I usually spend a pretty penny on my skincare... and I'll have to say the Avon pricing made it very easy for me to be willing to give their products a try.

I started with an acne body wash.  Clear skin Blemish Clearing Acne Body Wash to be exact. Now... I don't have acne issues on my body, but the active ingredient is salicylic acid which is known for drying your skin out. However, the reviews for this product were pretty good and I thought since it's made for your body it may be more gentle than other facial cleaners.


It seems to do it's job, and it doesn't dry out my face. 
However, I probably wouldn't purchase this one again. 
I'm not in love with the gel texture. It feels like a hair gel rubbing into your face.

My next choice was Clear Skin Blemish Clearing Overnight Treatment. This one I wanted it just for what it was. I had been using Mary Kay's version of this for years, but Avon's was a lot less expensive - under $7!


...and I'm loving it. When I'm feeling those "period" pimples starting to start affect... I apply a little of this stuff before I go to bed and it really does prevent them from actually turning into something ugly!

This next one is my favorite find! Purely for the fact that the skin moisturizer I was previously using was around $75. Avon Elements Youth Restoring Cream is only $12! This moisturizer is light and non greasy. The main reason I selected this one is it has SPF 20 in it. Being as fair complected as I am, that is the #1 thing I look for in my morning moisturizer. I'll think I'll repurchasing one this for a while.


Just as I was about to wrap up my selections I as a last minute decision added this Anew Clinical Retexturing Peel to my cart. Very skeptical about a peel, that isn't really a peel - I am thrilled with it. I see and feel a noticeable difference of my skin since using this product. My skin feels more soft, and how bit of glow to it now. It's $22, and if used as directed it will last you about 2 months. I'm pretty sure I'll ordering more.


Along with my purchase came these free lipstick samples. I could totally live without them. They definitely didn't sell me on purchasing Avon's makeup line. The color doesn't stay on at all, and they bleed easily... which is definitely not a quality you want in your lipstick, especially when you are working with dark colors such as these ones.. It won't be long before these guys find their way to the trash. In fact, I think I'll go do that right now...


Well that sums up my first ever Avon purchase! ... and what I think of their products. Shoes were a major winner. I have received several compliments on those floral flats. Their skincare line is a great, less expensive alternative. I'm glad I gave them a chance :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips