Thursday, February 11, 2016

diy valentines

I am the mother of two boys, ages four and ten. I decided to jump on pinterest and let them pick out valentines to make this year...

My four year old is currently mastering his letters, so when he saw this alphabet one, that was pretty much instantly his pick. The original source came from oopsey daisy, which includes a variety of options - all for free! I stuck with basic white.. and I created a pdf in photoshop that made it so I could print four valentines on one page.

For our version, I let my little guy pick out what candy to put on them. When he saw the conversation hearts, he said "Aww, how cute." Done! All I did was use hot glue to attach the conversation hearts on top of the heart {or O}, and then made little bows with ribbon I already had in my ribbon stash. Those were glued on with hot glue as well. That conversation heart is a bit of a tease... of course each of these will be handed out with a box of conversation hearts as well ;)



Here's the file I created to print four at one page
{I made it so there is extra white space at the tops to allow room for the bows}...
you can download it below

My ten year chose to do paper air planes. Source is over at no biggie. There is even a video to show you how to make them after printed. This one costs $1 to download. My son and I raced to see who could make the most - I won! ;) Then we taped individual wrapped Twizzlers to each one.




Here are the runner ups we looked at as well... and all have free printables available!


tiny animal valentines {sweet c's designs}
fishy school valentines {i heart nap time}
I dig you {real house moms}
super hero tootsies {super hero mommy}
have a rockin v-day {simple as that}
abc valentine {oopsey daisy}
paper airplanes {no biggie}

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They turned out darling! Thanks for sharing! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips