Saturday, January 23, 2016

burlap prints

I have a fondness for burlap... who doesn't these days, right? I wanted some touches of rustic shabby chic for my kitchen area. I love mixing textures and especially love mixing design genres. Mostly because I find something to love in them all. However, I also just really love blending old with new, which I'm going to call farmhouse glam.

I started with burlap prints that I found on a jane.com deal. As an Etsy seller myself, I liked how the maker also had a Etsy shop called, Jam We Create.







I got the frames from Hobby Lobby, keeping it neutral with a pop of a soft aqua. I took the glass out wanting to make sure the texture of the burlap was exposed. I taped the burlap in place and voila I had a farmhouse addition to my kitchen / morning room area.

I chose to order my burlap prints, however, these are totally doable for a DIY project. I found a great tutorial at My Life Abundant, that makes it look pretty easy, including a free printable rooster :)

free printables available here:
Farm Fresh Milk Vintage {Finding Home Farms}
Bon Appetit Kitchen {Remodelaholic}
Farm Animal Butcher {The Mountain View Cottage}
French Grain Sack {The Graphics Fairy}
Rooster {My Life Abundant}

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Jennifer for showing my rooster DIY burlap printable. I love how that turned out and it was easy to do. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips