Friday, January 29, 2016

new, old art

Our master bedroom was majorly lacking color... still is yet! However, I wanted to create a piece of art above our headboard. Something that would go with both the glam, yet rustic dynamic already started thus far in this personal space.

I had an old metal sign that was ivory with decals on it. I had stashed it away and it wasn't being used. It seemed like the perfect start. I peeled off the decals, and then painted it a soft mint color with acrylic paint. Originally I planned on distressing the paint a bit to give it a vintage look, but then after seeing how crisp and clean the mint turned out, I decided to keep it that way.

I already knew what I wanted on this sign, which is why the rectangular shape was perfect. I ordered a gold decal with my wedding date in roman numerals at the Etsy Shop, Airet Designs. Having some previous experience with decals, it was super easy to apply!

Now, even though the shape of the metal sign was right, the size was not. Our bed is a huge king, and our headboard is a nice size as well. I needed something to help fill the space. Challenge accepted! I went on the hunt and came across a gorgeous barn wood frame at Hobby Lobby. It was perfect! I had to attach hangers on the back, but other than that, this DIY project was barely do-it-yourself.






Stay tuned, next, I'm posting my master suite inspiration!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips