Saturday, March 5, 2016

{diy} spring wreaths

Even though snow is still falling through our Ohio skies... I thought I'd continue to show my new spring wreaths. I thought putting them up would change the weather... I have no clue where that idea came from. ;) However, with Easter less than a month away, it's time.

I started by pulling out my old wreaths from last summer, that actually had american flags still stuck in them, as well as large burlap bows. I pull them all off, and this is what I had to work with...
They are just basic vine wreaths from a craft store that I wrapped floral vines into. Really easy.

So now for the fun stuff!
I started with these basic nests I picked up from JoAnn Fabrics.
And...
1. wrapped spanish moss around the outside to add color, size, and texture.
2. attached little patches of moss for color and texture. {using hot glue}
3. attached tiny {fake} robin's eggs to the center. {using hot glue}
And got this...

Then I moved on to making new {more spring-like} burlap bows :) Here's a diy on how I make mine!

I wire wrapped the nest and bow on, and I've got a spring wreath :) 
I have a double front door, so actually, times everything x2 and now I have two...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips