Thursday, February 18, 2016

dining room reveal

Time for a room reveal. This one is of our dining room. The anchor of your dining room is of course your table. Well we've had our dining table since we first moved in our first home - that makes it nine years old. Our out of date and abused by our oldest child table is definitely on my wish list to replace.


It has ran my mind to refurbish this "antique" of ours. It does have some nice qualities. I like the beaded detail, and the pedestal legs. Both those details are what sold us on this table in the first place. However, this table is covered with veneer. So painting it is my only option. One of which I'm not excited about. I wouldn't mind having white distressed chairs, but I'd prefer a rustic stained table. Oh, I don't know... like this one from Restoration Hardware...


I vision my seating being eclectic, including a bench on one side, and upholstered chairs on the heads of the table. A girl can dream, right. One day... now back to reality that is my dining room.

Our dining room is our built-in buffet. Best decision we made, having one built-in to the home. It really makes this room. I'm still finding my way on decorating this space. I'm not used to all this space, and I am not for filling all of it either.


 I do have some plans for that birdcage ;) Yes, that's a diy project coming up here & hopefully soon...


That clock is one of the, if not THE first decor to be hung in our new home. 
Custom made at My Beloved Reclaimed. I adore it!





There's my plate wall!


in the details:
monogram wooden tray {hobby lobby}
ceramic floral pail {home goods}
striped linen tablecloth {margity, etsy shop}
yellow ball jars {here on the farm, etsy shop}
light fixture {pottery barn}
roman numeral clock {my beloved reclaimed, etsy shop}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips